Swatches are a convenient way to keep track of the colors in your document.
Using an existing color
- Make sure the swatch window is open by selecting
Window > Swatches.
- Select the element you would like to take the color from, or press
ifor the eyedropper tool and click the element.
- Make sure the color you’d like to save is in front on the color tool (fill vs stroke).
- Click the
New Swatchbutton near the bottom of the swatch window, or use the drop-down menu at the upper right-hand corner of the swatch window to select
- Name your color.
- Click OK, and your swatch will appear at the end of the list.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 until all your colors are saved.